It was Gamer's Week here at MTV. Here are all the highlights from Multiplayer all this week:
IS MARIO TOO SEXY FOR HIS OVERALLS?
* Watch our own Stephen Totilo and Tim Kash debate with journalists N'Gai Croal and Heather Chaplin on the sexiness of Mario, the randomness of "Resident Evil" and the intense sub-culture of... "Defender"? All in the Meta Game.
* Multiplayer contributor and Mario obsessive Jason Cipriano gave us his top-ten list of best Mario games, pre-"Galaxy." (His 2D slant caused some controversy.)
THE CAKE IS A LIE:
* In the latest edition of Vs. Mode, Totilo and Croal discuss the first-person-shooter puzzle game "Portal." Guess which one wishes Jay-Z made an entire album about the game...
GAMER OR POSER?
* In our first-ever photo quiz, we have readers decide from faces alone whether people are actually playing games, or just faking it. Once you've taken the quiz, check out the answers to see if you're right.
* In his interview with "Assassin's Creed" creative director Patrice Desilets, Totilo found that Desilets justified every cliche in the game -- even those darn collectibles.
MUSIC TO YOUR EARS:
* It's "Bad": This report covers the sad history video games backed by Michael Jackson, Journey and Aerosmith.
PASS THE POPCORN:
* Naughty Dog Game Director Amy Hennig explains how "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is like a movie (and how it almost could've been "BioShock").
* We get a sneak peek at the new "Hitman" movie in theaters next week (Agent 47 is kind of cute) as well as an exclusive new "NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams" trailer that shows new character transformations.
* Watch the video diaries of "Halo" fan Kris Henderson and how "Halo 3" affected his life.
* In our weekly Pronunciation Guide, Totilo told us how to say his last name right. I still like "Tor-till-o" better.
* In this week's "What We're NOT Playing," we discuss the frequency of "Need For Speed" titles, the lukewarm reviews of "Assassin's Creed" and the silliness of wrestling.
* Cipriano's achievement quest is well on its way. He asked for your scores and achievement highlights.
* What's in the box? Our Wii Zappers arrive and Totilo questioned Nintendo's commitment to the environment.
* See real card players pass judgment on "The Eye of Judgment."