By Tara Fowler
Roland Emmerich returns this weekend with “White House Down,” yet another ode to all-out mayhem and destruction (not that I’m complaining). This time around, he hired Channing Tatum as our savior in a white tank top (again, not complaining). Before you go see “WHD,” here is everything you could possibly need to know about the stripper-turned-Sexiest Man Alive.
1) He loves fairies: He and Jenna Dewan-Tatum even had a fairy-themed wedding, in which the flower girls sported fairy wings down the aisle. Okay, so maybe it’s Jenna who has the obsession with fairies, but at least he supports her!
2) He worked in a puppy-kitty nursery: Forget his days as a stripper, Tatum used to spend his time nursing dogs back to health. “It was incredible,” he told Vanity Fair in 2009. “I just got to play with dogs all day, and give them medication and take care of them when they’re puppies, the best stage.”
3) He’s not ashamed of his stripper past: When his former employer leaked a tape of him stripping to Us Weekly in 2009, he wasn’t even fazed. “I had wanted to tell people,” Tatum said to GQ. “I’m not ashamed of it. I don’t regret one thing. I’m not a person who hides shit.”
4) He’s worried about Justin Bieber: Tatum told Vanity Fair that he’s happy he didn’t find fame when he was younger. “I worry about Bieber, man,” he admitted. “That kid’s wildly talented. I hope he doesn’t fall down into the usual ways of young kids because it’s so hard for someone to be responsible when they’re not asked to be.”
5) His sister dressed him up as a Barbie when he was younger: “It might have been a blessing,” he confessed to Interview magazine. “It’s like my sister said: ’How can I give this kid so many issues that he becomes a good actor one day?'”
6) He has a secret handshake with “White House Down” star Joey King: Okay, so maybe you know about this one if you’ve been anywhere near the Internet in the past couple days, but I couldn’t not include it. Watch the Channshake below:
Will you be seeing “White House Down” this weekend?