Chris Tucker Not Interested In Another ‘Friday’

Near the end of last year, Deadline reported that Ice Cube was moving forward with plans for a fourth “Friday” film. The rapper-turned-actor even tweeted out that a new film was in the works with New Line Cinema.

Ice Cube said that his intention was to bring back the original cast from the first film for the fourth, presumably including Chris Tucker, who had not appeared in the series since the initial film.

While down in Miami during NBA All-Star Weekend, MTV News caught up with Tucker and asked about the possibility of another “Friday” movie for the actor.

“I’ll never say ’never,’ but I doubt it because it’s something that I did so long ago, and I moved on,” Tucker said.

Tucker has been curiously absent from films in recent years, with his last role featured in 2007’s “Rush Hour 3.” Later this year, he’s return to acting with David O. Russell’s “The Silver Linings Playbook.”

But as for another “Friday” movie, Tucker’s return there seems less likely. “So I don’t know if we’ll do another one,” Tucker said. “But I appreciate everyone loving it that much that they want to see another one. We’ll see.”

Tucker’s big break came as Smokey from the original “Friday,” which was co-written by Ice Cube and PJ Pooh. Tucker skipped the two subsequent movies, opting instead to star in films like “The Fifth Element,” “Money Talks” and the “Rush Hour” films for Brett Ratner.