Better late than never? Perhaps encouraged by his daughters, M. Night Shyamalan has finally taken a seat on the Twitter train (he’s now on Facebook, too). His first tweet, on November 25th, was a characteristic homage to his childhood hero:
I was thirteen years old when I tried to call Steven Spielberg. I made my mom call and pretend she was my assistant. He didn't take my call.
To commemorate this auspicious occasion, we present to you a collection of bold predictions: the five ways M. Night Shyamalan will reinvent Twitter.
1. Every tweet will include an appearance by Bruce Willis, Joaquin Phoenix or Bryce Dallas Howard.
2. Every tweet will have at least one game-changing twist.
3. Every tweet will contain no more or less than 106 characters (don’t bother counting characters in the above tweet; this reinvention, like the others here, will come… you just have to believe).
4. Every TwitPic will be shot in or around Philadelphia and will feature a cameo by Night himself.
5. His first few tweets will be brilliant and well-received, but they will soon be chided by the masses as nearly nonsensical disappointments. However, we believe that he will keep tweeting until he redeems himself and recaptures the magic that made him great.
Will you follow M. Night Shyamalan on Twitter? Tell us what you think in the comments section and on -- you guessed it -- Twitter!