'Harry Potter' Trumps 'Twilight' As MTV Movies Blog Readers' Favorite Film Of 2010! [POLL RESULTS]

Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Last week, we here at MTV Movies Blog asked you -- the members our well-informed, movie-loving readership -- to vote for your favorite film of 2010. You responded with vigor, casting 5,000 votes in the course of one week (nicely done!).

There were 34 movies included in the poll, ranging from indie darlings like "The Kids Are All Right" to mega-blockbusters like the year's highest-grossing film "Toy Story 3." In truth, however, the race came down to just two movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," proving that both series' fan bases have some seriously devoted members.

In the end, "Potter" beat out "Twilight" by a narrow 449 vote margin, with "Deathly Hallows - Part 1" amassing 46.5 percent of the total vote to "Eclipse"'s 37.5 percent -- together accounting for a whopping 84 percent of votes. In a shocker, the 3-D animated comedy "How to Train Your Dragon" beat out all other comers to notch a distant third with 10.74 percent of the vote, while Christopher Nolan's mind-bending thriller "Inception" (2.09 percent) and Disney's critically acclaimed Rapunzel retelling "Tangled" (0.52 percent) took the #4 and #5 slots, respectively.

Rounding out the top 10 -- in races separated by just a handful of votes -- were "Toy Story 3" at #6 (0.32 percent), "Black Swan" at #7 (0.3 percent), "The Social Network" and "Easy A" tied for #8 (0.28 percent) and Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" at #10 (0.24 percent).

Hit the jump to see how the rest of the 34 movies fared.

What was your favorite movie of 2010?Market Research

Are you surprised by the results of this poll? Hit the comments to share your picks for the best movies of 2010!