Fans of the “Harry Potter” franchise are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the final chapter in the series with “Deathly Hallows,” the two-part fantasy film that first hits theaters in November and concludes in July of next year. But those fans don’t have to wait any longer for the arrival of the film’s first full length trailer — all they have to do is click play on the video below!
The first full-length “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” trailer is here and, as expected, it features the massive epic quality one would hope for from such a grand finale. Click past the jump for some of our favorite highlights from the trailer!
– John Hurt is back in action as Ollivander! I had almost forgotten that the veteran British actor was a part of this series, seeing as he hasn’t been seen since the first installment thanks to his scenes from “Goblet of Fire” languishing on the editing room floor. It’s great to see him back.
– More exciting than Ollivander’s return? The voyage through Gringotts Wizarding Bank! Easily one of the most thrilling action sequences of this final “Harry Potter” story, it looks like director David Yates was able to translate the scene’s excitement to the big screen.
– All of the actors in this series have their merit, but I’m particularly impressed by Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as Hermione and Ron in this trailer. It’s easy to notice how radically different Daniel Radcliffe is since the very first “Harry Potter” film and equally easy to overlook the progression of Grint and Watson, but those two actors have really brought their A-games in recent years. It looks like they’ll do the same in “Deathly Hallows.”
– The big battle for Hogwarts. We aren’t treated to much in the trailer, but what we do see is evidence enough that this film is going to do justice to this final, epic, action-packed set piece.
– Perhaps the greatest component of the trailer is the dynamic playing out between Radcliffe’s Harry and Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort. These two actors bring out the best in each other, and as their rivalry hits its final climactic notes in this last film, it’s not surprising at all that Harry and Voldemort are at their best here. Not surprising, but exhilarating nonetheless.
Overall, I’m a big fan of this trailer. What do you think?
Give us your reactions to the “Deathly Hallows” trailer in the comments section and on Twitter!