In 1987, Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Steve Guttenberg formed a powerhouse trio of fictional movie dads in the Leonard Nimoy-directed family comedy “Three Men and a Baby.” Great movie. Really entertaining and featuring three stars who were pretty much at the height of their careers. A sequel was released a few years later, “Three Men and a Little Lady,” but it didn’t measure up. Since then, fans have wondered if more might be coming, a question that was answered last year when Guttenberg revealed that another one was in the works. MTV’s Josh Horowitz spoke to Selleck at the press junket for “Killers,” hitting theaters this Friday, and the veteran actor was more than happy to share what little he knows so far about “Three Men” sequel plans.
“It is true that Disney checked my availability,” he said, confirmed Guttenberg’s comments from late last year. “And I know they checked Ted’s and Steve’s, and then had a script written, I think tentatively called ’Three Men and a Bride,’ which kind of says it all [about the story].”
Selleck doesn’t know much more than that at this point, though he remains hopeful that we’ll see him back together with Danson and Guttenberg before long.
“I hope it’s a good script, and if it is a good script I hope they do it, because it would be really fun to get back with Ted and Steve,” he said. “The strongest of the two movies I think is the first one. It had more heart, and that’s what I hope this third one would have if we do it.”