This is my day to shine, readers. My extreme “Star Wars” geekery is frequently a punchline here in the MTV newsroom, and I’m okay with it. But none of that matters on May 4. Why, you ask? Because May 4 is “Star Wars” Day! It’s a holiday that’s pegged entirely to wordplay: May the Fourth Be With You!
Okay, it’s pretty groan-worthy. But it gives me a reason to put words about “Star Wars” here on the blog. The idea is to quote the crap out of George Lucas’ classic sci-fi movies today. After the jump, I’ve listed my 10 favorites. Let’s keep it going though; share your own most-loved “Star Wars” quotes in the comments section or with us on Twitter.
10. “It’s over Anakin, I have the high ground.”
9. “But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”
8. “Oh, my! What have you done? I’m BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball! Only an overgrown mop-head like you would be stupid enough to…”
7. “Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.”
6. “Look sir! Droids!”
5. “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”
4. “That’s no moon. It’s a space station.”
3. “It’s a trap!”
2. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
1. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”