Getty Images

Suge Knight Got More Bad News In His Latest Hearing

He's headed to trial soon.

Suge Knight was hoping that a hearing on Tuesday would change the course of his legal proceedings, but in the end he had no such luck.

Judge Stephen A. Marcus ruled that the former rap mogul should stand trial for murder for his alleged role in a January hit-and-run, refusing Knight's attorney's request for a dismissal of the case, according to the Associated Press. Thomas Mesereau, who's representing the 50-year-old, asked that Marcus reject the case on account of the testimony of Cle "Bone" Sloan, one of the two men whom Knight allegedly ran over during the incident earlier this year near the set of the N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton."

In April, Sloan wouldn't point the finger at Suge when he took the stand. “I don’t want it to get misconstrued that I told on this man,” he said. “I’m no snitch. I will not be used to send Suge Knight to prison...I can’t say this man ran me over."

In addition, according to The Los Angeles Times, Mesereau said that his client was acting in self-defense.

“I think it’s an outrage,” he said.

Mesereau plans to file a motion asking for private medical treatment for Knight, who had a panic attack in court during a previous hearing and has complained about problems with his vision, as well. A bail hearing is set for July 17, and Mesereau will reportedly be asking for a reduction of the $10 million bail that Knight is being held on.

Knight, a convicted felon, could face life in prison if he's found guilty on the murder charge.