Getty Images

Diddy Arrested On Assault With A Deadly Weapon Charge At UCLA

Diddy allegedly had an altercation with a coach.

UPDATE (6/23/15, 2:50 p.m. ET): Combs' charges were updated to three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of making terrorist threats and one count of battery, according to UCLA.

Sean "Diddy" Combs was arrested Monday (Jun. 22) at UCLA.

The university - where Diddy's son Justin Combs plays defensive back - addressed the mogul's arrest with the following statement on its Newsroom website:

"Shortly after 12:30 p.m. today, Sean Combs (also known as P. Diddy) was arrested at UCLA’s Acosta Athletic Training Complex on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, which was a kettlebell.

No one was seriously injured and UCPD is investigating. Combs is expected to be transported to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Inmate Reception Center later this evening."

What Happened?

Diddy allegedly had a dispute with one of the squad's assistant coaches, Sal Alosi, according to USA Today. Huffington Post reports that Diddy was upset Alosi had screamed at his son during a training session.

But there are conflicting stories from unnamed sources about what took place during the reported altercation, per TMZ. One account, for instance, claims Diddy swung a kettlebell at the coach. Another says Diddy held the kettlebell in a defensive position.

What Did Justin's Head Coach Say About This?

UCLA's head coach Jim Mora released a statement about the matter through the school.

“I’m thankful that our staff showed the level of professionalism that they did in handling this situation," he said. "This is an unfortunate incident for all parties involved. While UCPD continues to review this matter, we will let the legal process run its course and refrain from further comment at this time."

Justin Combs - who is on the team with Snoop Dogg's son Cordell Broadus - has seen seven games of action in three years, according to the school's website. He is listed as a 5'7" red shirt junior.

MTV News reached out to UCLA's Police Department for comment but have not heard back as of press time.