UPDATE: Bow Tie Cinemas has also decided not to show the film, according to Variety. The chain has 55 theaters with 350 screens nationwide.
Ben Moss, CEO of Bow Tie, said that even though the Department of Homeland Security says there's no evidence of a terror plot, "The safety and comfort of our patrons is foremost in our minds."
This story is developing.
EARLIER: More bad news for anyone who was planning to see "The Interview" in theaters this Christmas: The LA Times reports that the New York premiere for the film has been cancelled, and one major theater chain has officially declined to show it, in the wake of terror threats reportedly from a hacking group.
Stars James Franco and Seth Rogen had already bowed out of all planned media appearances to promote "The Interview" as of yesterday, when a message from a group calling themselves The Guardians of the Peace -- the same group that claims to be behind the massive hack that exposed email, payroll, and personal information belonging to Sony Picture's staff -- warned moviegoers away from the premiere, as well as from any theaters planning to screen the film.
Sony had also given individual theater chains the option not to show "The Interview" in the wake of the threats; according to The Wrap, Carmike Cinemas is the first theater to drop the film from its roster, with two weeks to go before the December 25 release.
"The Interview" features Rogen and Franco as a pair of journalists caught up in a plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. North Korea has not claimed responsibility for the Sony hack or threats surrounding the film's release, but have been vocally opposed to it since June, when Kim Jong-Un denounced it as "an act of war."