Over the summer, Jeezy got into some hot water when he was arrested in August and charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon, following a search after a stop on Wiz Khalifa's Under the Influence tour in Mountain View, California. On Thursday (Dec. 11), all charges against the rapper were dropped.
“I pray this had nothing to do with race but it definitely had nothing to do with evidence," Jeezy said in a statement. "Words cannot express how vindicated I feel with these charges being dismissed today. While my team and I always knew that the allegations and charges were based on zero facts, the rush to judgment by both the media and the police has been extremely disappointing."
The rapper's legal counsel, Blair Berk, was similarly critical of law enforcement. “Mr. Jenkins should not have been arrested and this case should not have been prosecuted," he said. "We are pleased it has been dismissed, although frustrated that it took the police and prosecutors months to do the right thing."
A source close to the situation further explained the camp's frustrations with the police procedure to MTV News, claiming the tour bus where the weapons were seized was searched without a signed warrant.
"The very weapons seized by police at the time of arrest had been inspected, cleared, and returned by police to Jeezy’s security director two days before because they were lawfully owned by him," the source said.
They also alleged that property was seized with "a questionable warrant or no warrant at all," and that the CTE rapper's $1 million bail was 50 times the legal precedent.
"I'm relieved that the truth has ultimately prevailed and I would like to thank those who have always stood by me including my family and fans," Jeezy said.