If you're anything like me, you enjoy reading Jaden and Willow's Twitter timelines. The Smith children provide a rare combination of insight, originality, peculiarity, eccentricity and melt-your-face maxims.
On Monday (November 17), the celebrity siblings proved that their grasp on language thrives not just when they have time to meticulously contemplate what to tweet to their combined nine million followers, but also during interviews, off-the-cuff.
T Magazine profiled Will and Jada Pinkett's teen children today, where they talked about both everything and nothing. There were plenty of gems in the Q&A, so I had to choose some of my favorites.
I would say the Smith children are the future, but as you'll soon read, time doesn't exist, so...
1. "I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist." -- Willow
2. "On the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year." -- Jaden
3. "Because living." -- Willow
4. "There’s a theoretical physicist inside all of our minds, and you can talk and talk, but it’s living." -- Jaden
5. "When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple." -- Jaden
6. "Me and Jaden just figured out that our voices sound like chocolate together." -- Willow
7. "School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end." -- Jaden
8. "Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty." -- Jaden
9. "There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing." -- Willow
10. "I want to be the most durable person on the planet." -- Jaden
11. "If you want your muscles to grow, you have to shock them. If you want society to change, you have to shock them."