Earlier this week, a rumor cropped up that Universal had an endgame in mind for the "Fast & Furious" series. According to Deadline, the studio was in the process of courting back series savior Justin Lin for a two-part finale.
And while that sounds awesome, it might not be the case.
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley told The Hollywood Reporter during its executive roundtable that she believed that the series can continue without Paul Walker, adding that the stuiod is planning on "at least three more" movies.
"Paul is, and always will be, an integral part of the story. But there are many other great characters, and it's also an opportunity to introduce new characters," Langely said. "I think it's still a growing franchise.... So we think that there's more to mine there. But we're of course very mindful about fatigue."
So it sounds like the official stance is "If people keep seeing them, we'll keep making them."
"Furious 7" will hit theaters on April 3.