Man oh man do we love us some JLaw around here. OK, OK, so she's totally over people calling her that by now, but whatevs. She's pure internet gold, and being that earns you an abbreviated nickname by default.
Anyway, when it comes to Jennifer Lawrence (there, we used her whole name), we're starting to think that the reason the girl nabbed the oh-so-coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the bazillion dollar "Hunger Games" movie franchise, besides talent and stuff, was because in a lot of ways it's basically art imitating reality with her.
We don't mean she's been made to fight to the death with other kids for the TV appetite of an oppressive, manipulative machine government, obviously, but looking back at the past few years of Kentucky Jenny rising to super-duper fame and somehow still giving zero effs about most things, we're convinced the lady is a real-life Mockingjay, leading Hollywood-ites (and everyone else for that matter) back into a realm of normalcy.
Consider these excellent moments from the ever-expanding catalog of Classic Jennifer Lawrence-isms.
1. When she stood up for the right of actresses to actually eat food.
If there's one thing Jennifer Lawrence has become known for, it's her Joey Tribbiani-like appetite for the yums.
And when The Business tried to shut down her rampant taste buds early on in her career, she told them to talk to the hand.
"Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight," she recalled to Harper's Bazaar UK. "They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. It was just that." Back then, she was young and impressionable, but now? "I know it'll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet,' I'm like, 'You can go f--k yourself.'"
Excuse us while we jot that down into our auto-response queue right quick.
2. There was also that time she said it was OK to hate running.
'Cause, seriously. It is the worst.
3. And she pretty much gave us the all-clear to randomly fangirl over famous people.
And who could forget her hilariously flirty first encounter with Jack Nicholson.
4. Also, she kindly reminded us all it's OK to have a little fun with flatulence.
"Take a bite out of that cheeseburger." The girl just slays us.
5. We also rather appreciated how she led the charge on celebrity photobombing.
For real. Just tell us how to be you.
6. Oh, and then there was all the falling.
So much falling.
Falling all the time, and now we're randomly tripping over things too.
7. And remember when she was like this normal girl in mis-matched pajamas in her parent's den when she got word of her first Oscar nomination?
Yeah, that's how it should be done.
8. Plus, you had to love how she made all those gnarly pop culture references from the stage.
And now all we want to do is stream "First Wive's Club" at our desks all day.
9. Plus, gawd, would you just look at how well she trampled on the line of co-worker etiquette?
If only we could all just go there once in a while.
10. We also dug her choice of self-assigned superlatives.
World's Fastest Pee-er. So practical. Why aren't we giving out awards for that again? Take notes, yearbook staffers.
11. Speaking of practical, JenJen is also always good for some seriously sage advice.
Exhibit A: That time she addressed the problem of bullying like so: "Don’t worry about the bitches — that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life."
12. Then there's the fact that she's totally able to keep things in perspective...
13. And even though she may have decided she's just plain tired of being a walking GIF...
She also knows how to make good use of her spotlight, by visiting children's hospitals and raising money for awesome foundations and such.
14. Last, but certainly not least, we all have to just take a knee and bow to her for that tenacious response to being hacked.
No apology necessary, so none given. [Cue the standing ovation.]
See? Jennifer Lawrence wins the whole world. All she'd need are some prosthetic wings, and it'd be official.
So, when the imperial alien overloads coming asking us to show them to our leader, you'll know who to point to. She's got this.