Basic girls of the world, we understand that artsy tattoo pics on Tumblr and Pinterest make you wanna get inked ASAP. We don't blame you. We understand your pain -- so we rounded up our favorite omg-this-is-too-cute tats below.
Even if you don't actually want a tattoo, it's still fun to look...
1. A brightly colored, petite heart
Before you get mad at me for calling all these tattoos "basic," I'm letting you know that I have this exact same heart tattoo -- i.e., I am basic. I've accepted it and moved on with my life. Embrace your basicness, everybody.
2. An engagement tattoo
3. Underboob cursive script
4. Base-of-neck cursive script
5. A lil' somethin' somethin' on your finger
6. A crescent moon resting in your collarbone crevasse
7. Fancy vocabulary
8. A cute baby elephant
9. A cute baby fox
10. And a cute cat tattoo next to a cat that's angrily glaring at you
11. A stereotypical beach souvenir
12. A dandelion gracefully blowing in the breeze (or just this girl's breath)
13. How you mark your territory
14. Lyrics to a Regina Spektor song
15. Bon Iver lyrics
16. "Such Great Heights" lyrics
Just any seemingly profound lyrics at all, really.
17. A very permanent pinky promise
18. Majestic flying sparrows
19. Majestic flying birds that aren't sparrows
Wouldn't it be funny if these were crows?
20. An arrow with a lot of meaning behind it
21. A way to make sure everyone knows your dietary needs
22. Infinity signs, just in general
23. Paying homage to Harry Potter
24. Or to "The Hunger Games"
25. A tattoo in a language you probably don't understand
Apparently this means "always toward better things" in Latin.
26. Matching rib cage tats with your BFF
27. A dreamcatcher that you totally didn't get just because Miley Cyrus has one
28. Those three magic words
29. Punctuation, so everyone knows you take grammar very seriously
30. Nothing's girlier than a bow
31. Wings to fly away from all of your life's problems
32. Musical notes because music is your life, duh
33. A behind-the-ear feather
34. And finally, the classic anchor
35. No, wait! An anchor plus an infinity sign plus a heart. So basic.
When you are ready to take the plunge and get inked, here's a form you can fill out for your local tattoo place...