Ever heard of The Devil Wears Prada? You know, the little vehicle that starred Anne Hathaway as a fresh faced assistant at Runway (a thinly veiled alternate-universe version of Vogue) and Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly (as its even more thinly veiled version of Anna Wintour).
Unsurprisingly, the movie has some serious fashion bonafides, including a million dollar wardrobe packed to the gills with clothing from the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Hugo Boss, Fendi, Chanel, and of course, Prada. There are appearances by models Gisele Bündchen and Bridget Hall, designer Valentino Garavani, the only designer to be featured within the movie. It also happens to be styled by the legendary Patricia Field.
MTV is playing The Devil Wears Prada twice on Sunday, first at 1 p.m. EST, and once again at 8 p.m. EST.
To get you ready, we rounded up our favorite quotes from the film.
1. "Can you please spell 'Gabbana'?"
2. "I'm sorry, do you have some prior commitment?"
"Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to?"
3. "You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choos. I saw it."
4. "Don't make me feed you to one of the models."
5. "Oh, nevermind. I'm sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came from."
6. "Who is that sad, little person?"
"Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don't know about?"
7. "Well... they're showing a lot of florals right now, so I was thinking..."
"Florals? For spring? Ground-breaking."
9. "You have no sense of fashion..."
"No, no—that wasn't a question."
10. "I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein..."
"What kind of skirts?"
"...please bore someone else with your... questions."
11. "I refuse to be sick—I'm wearing Valentino for crying out loud."
12. "'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you."
Miranda's cerulean takedown is basically everything.
13. "When I am not here... Andrea, you are chained to that desk!"
"But what if I have to..."
"What? No! Nothing! One time an assistant left the desk. Oh, because she sliced her hand open with a letter opener, and Miranda missed Lagerfeld just before he was about to board a 17 hour flight to Australia. She now works at TV Guide."
14. "There's a scale. One nod is good, two nods is very good. There's only be one actual smile on record and that was Tom Ford in 2001. If she doesn't like it she shakes her head. Then of course there's the pursing of the lips."
15. "Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity."
"Oh! And it's pretty."
16. "You know what just kills me, is the clothes you are going to get."
"I mean, you don't deserve them, you eat carbs for Christ's sake. CARBS! It's so unfair!"
17. "Yes, because that's really what this whole multibillion-dollar industry is all about, isn't it? Inner beauty."
18. "What about Testino? Where are we on that?"
"Zac Posen's doing some very sculptural suits. So, I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden."
"Perfect. Thank God somebody came to work today."
19. "That's all."