Don’t worry, everyone. Labor Day is here, and you get to bid farewell to summer with a day off before you to start worrying about the holidays.
I’m sorry, this is supposed to be a relaxing listicle.
Anyway, a good activity for more thoroughly enjoying your day away from work is to remind yourself that you don’t have it that bad. It could be much worse, as these horrible careers from movies have taught us.
1. Death Star Operator in “Star Wars”
That’s way too close to the beam. Also, mass murder.
2. Red Shirts in “Star Trek”
The classic worst job in all of pop culture.
3. Oompa Loompas in “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”
You work all day, and then you have to live with your co-workers. Nightmare.
4. Chotchkies Server in “Office Space”
In some ways, I think there’s no correct amount of flair.
5. Metropolis Maintenance Worker in “Man of Steel”
Somebody has to clean up that mess.
6. Gotham City Police Officer in “The Dark Knight”
“No more dead cops.”
7. Weyland Industries Employee in “Alien”
Your actual intended purpose is to bring back the perfect killer to your boss. That’s rough.
8. Crystal Lake Camp Counselor in “Friday the 13th”
Pro: You’ll probably get some. Con: You’re definitely going to die afterward.
9. Precog in “Minority Report”
An endless slideshow of future murders and prune skin.