With the summer winding down and college starting up, there’s almost no time to actually pick up the stuff you need for school — you’ve gotta hang with old friends one last time (until Christmas, anyway) and then make a bunch of new friends. Whether you’re a freshman or midway through the five-year plan, these last-minute dorm room buys can make the year ahead a bit easier — and ensure your roommate owes you some solids after borrowing them.
1. Narrative Clip ($230)
The Narrative Clip is perfect for anyone who wants to remember an event without the effort of remembering to take the pictures. At least you’ll no longer be “that guy” whipping out your phone at the party.
2. OGIO Ruck 20 Backpack ($55)
3. FUGOO Sport Speaker ($200)
4. Plantronics BackBeat Fit Headphones ($130)
5. Amazon Fire TV ($99)
6. LiveScribe 3 SmartPen ($149)
7. Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 ($50)
8. Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 11″ ($600)
9. Martian Notifier Watch ($129)