So according to the Internet, today -- August 28, if you're not keeping track -- is National Bow Tie day. National as in the United States of America.
However, whenever I think of the phrase "Bow Ties," it is completely impossible for me not to finish the sentence with an "are cool." Therefore, it felt necessary to honor the (very British) Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith's obsession with the accessory on "Doctor Who" with this here listicle. So Geronimo, fellow Companions, as we remember all of the times that Eleven proved that Bow Ties were cool:
1. For Matt Smith, it was always love at first Bow Tie.
2. He was all-caps enthusiastic about them.
3. Bow Ties helped Eleven feel tough.
4. Or groovy.
5. Or inspired.
6. Sometimes he became distracted by other cool accessories.
7. Because he's just that way.
8. But he always came back to his first love.
9. Heck, even in his "old age" he held true to Bow Ties.
10. So when it came time to say goodbye...
11. This was the part that hurt the most.
Happy Bow Tie day, everyone. We miss you, Matt Smith.