This week, the latest entry of the "Leprechaun" series, "Leprechaun: Origins," hits theaters with WWE wrestler Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl in the role of the title creature.
A professional wrestler moving to film is a tradition that unfortunately hasn't resulted in the best movies. Now, I haven't seen "Leprechaun: Origins," but the majority of movies that cast wrestlers aren't exactly Oscar material.
There are, however, the few exceptions, where a wrestler translates their physical prowess and charisma to the big screen with delightful results. So in honor of "Leprechaun: Origins," here's a list of the wrestlers that have put their best acting on the screen.
1. Dave Batista in "Guardians of the Galaxy"
2. Andre the Giant in "Princess Bride"
3. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in "Fast Five"
4. Rowdy Roddy Piper in "They Live"
5. Macho Man Randy Savage in "Spider-Man"
6. Kevin Nash in "Magic Mike"
7. Lenny Montana in "The Godfather"
8. Jesse Ventura in "Predator"
9. Terry Funk in "Road House"