Heading off to college is equal parts exciting and terrifying. The leap from high school to undergrad is a huge one, and — trust us — your classmates are just as nervous about it as you are. College life is a whole new ballgame that’ll hit you before you’re ready for it, but these apps will definitely make the transition easier.
1. Seamless or GrubHub, because you burn all the things whenever you cook
2. Sleep Cycle, because waking up is hard
The app uses your phone’s accelerometer to track your sleep phases, which are measured by how much or how little you’re moving while asleep. You simply set the Sleep Cycle alarm clock to the time you absolutely need to be awake by — and then the app wakes you up during your lightest sleep phase before the designated time, when it’s the easiest to get out of bed.
3. StaySafe, because safety is always a priority
4. Adobe Photoshop Express, because Instagram filters are not enough
5. Venmo, because ain’t nobody got time for cash
6. Dropbox, because emailing file attachments is so 2010
Stop emailing files to yourself. The Dropbox app works exactly like the normal website, making it super convenient to access your computer’s files from your phone. Photos you take on your phone can be automatically saved to your Dropbox, so transferring pics between your computer and phone has never been easier. (Life Pro Tip: Use Photoshop Express to prettify your pics on your phone, then transfer them to your computer via Dropbox for permanent storage — you’re basically a photographer!)
7. Hinge, because Tinder is creepy
8. Studious, because you forget everything ever (Android only)
9. Iconical, because customization is important, you know?
11. Last Message, because your phone battery is the worst (Android only)