Photos by Radhika Marya
Chicago, IL – You know that one dude/chick at work with blue hair? You probably call him/her “the office hipster” and s/he just laughs and smiles and plays along — but will totally steal your yogurt out of the communal fridge later as revenge.
At Pitchfork Music Festival, friends, said blue-haired girl/boy is the norm and you are the weird one — dyed hair is as common here as ants swarming a fallen slice of pizza. #Seapunk isn’t dead.
We’ve got our favorite Technicolor heads here at Pitchfork Fest below (Not included: the author’s own tinted hair. Sorry I took your yogurt, dude!).
Now curl up and dye.
1. Katie’s red hair had us green with envy
We bet Kendrick, who she’s here to see, will be able to see this Chicagoian from stage.
2. Grace’s purple hair don’t care
She brought her awesome follicles all the way from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to see Grimes.
3. Chloe’s locks go perfectly with her sunnies
The better to see St. Vincent with.
4. Emily’s green hair is definitely money
Her love of Deafheaven, however, is free.
5. Kendra’s blue ’do is angelic
Just like her favorite, Grimes.
6. Check out Tae’s bold red locks
As bold as Earl Sweatshirt’s rhymes.
7. Josh, Alisha and Aleena look pretty blue
Perfect Pussy probably cheered ’em up.
8. Morgan’s hair basically won the weekend
As did, for a lot of people, Neutral Milk Hotel.