Tonight Derek Jeter is playing in his 14th and final All-Star Game. A lot has happened to you since The Captain appeared in his first Midsummer Classic. No, we’re not reading your personal blog. These major changes have happened to everyone (so don’t worry, we’re not gonna tell everyone where you’ve sprouted hair since 1998). We know how Jeter has changed, he became a first-ballot Hall-Of-Famer and dated every sexy girl in America, but we’re turning the focus on you.
1. Your Phone Became Your Best Friend
2. You Started Stalking On Facebook
3. You Look At Photos Of Your Friends’ Food
With Instagram’s October 2010 launch, it’s hard to believe we’ve only been able to have pictures of crappy meatloaf for four years.
4. Your Parent’s Prius Became Cool
5. Star Wars Tried To Ruin Your Life
6. You Think In 140 Character Sentences Now
This is neither the hammertime nor the hammerplace for parachute pants.
— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) July 14, 2014
Twitter started in 2006 and now we never watch TV “alone.”
7. Lebron James Became Your Favorite Player, Then Most-Hated, And Then…?
8. You Procrastinate By Watching Funny Animal Videos
YouTube started in 2005 and our computer lives have never been the same.
9. You’ve Googled Yourself