By Lisa Fischer
By now you’ve probably heard that our ultimate crush, Ryan Gosling, may be expecting a baby with his actress girlfriend Eva Mendes.
Does this mean that he’s officially off the market?! Word of this news was immediately followed by the sound of thousands of hearts breaking. But wait. Before you spiral into an infinity pool of your own tears, let’s take a second to think about what an amazing dad Gosling will undoubtedly be for his future child.
Adam Levine once joked that Gosling turned down the chance to be People magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive, but maybe the "Drive" star was just waiting for a better title. Perhaps, #1 Dad?
1. He encourages self-expression.
2. He’s a pro at playing pretend games.
3. Whether it’s in the audience at a school play or on the sidelines at a football game, you know he’ll be supportive.
4. He’s protective when he needs to be.
5. He knows when it’s time to put his foot down.
6. He recognizes the importance of a quality education.
7. He knows when to offer a well-deserved compliment.
8. But he also knows not to judge a book by its cover.
9. Pets are always welcome at the Gosling house.
10. He’s open to trying new things.
11. He knows it’s important to stay healthy. Better eat those veggies!
12. He dances like a dad.
13. He gives great advice.
14. He’s patient.
15. And just like your dad, he doesn’t try too hard to fit in with the younger generation.