Summer 2014 is well underway and it's literally and figuratively heating up. Whether you're at a pool party in Vegas, heading to Croatia for Ultra Europe or just getting out of work early on a Friday and headed for the beach, this summer's specialty is dance music. Check out some of our favorite tracks and our Spotify playlist below.
14. All the Way -- Timeflies
This track is Timeflies' signature genre-blending at its best: a smooth mash-up of electronic and pop with a little touch of country, making it perfect for summer listening.
13. Hideaway -- Kiesza
12. Jealous (I Ain't With It) -- Chromeo
Chromeo continue their triumphant return to the scene with "Jealous." Sing along to this one in the car (or to an ex) to realize its full potential.
11. I Got U -- Duke Dumont (featuring Jax Jones)
Even if you're nowhere near a beach, the steel drums in this one bring a summer vibe to the dance beat, and the sample of our favorite Whitney song ever doesn't hurt.
10. Find You -- Zedd (featuring Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant)
9. Red Lights -- Tiesto
The Tiesto album A Town Called Paradise was intended to be a summer album, and "Red Lights" is no exception. The beach, the passenger seat, the club -- there is no place this song won't pump you up.
8. Dynamite -- Afrojack & Snoop Dogg
7. Rather Be -- Clean Bandits (featuring Jess Glynne)
This is as laid-back as dance music gets. Jess Glynne's voice is smooth and calming over the classical/electro beat.
6. Bad -- David Guetta (featuring Vassy)
This song is best enjoyed somewhere sweaty at 2 a.m.
5. Wasted -- Tiesto (featuring Matthew Koma)
4. Ten Feet Fall -- Afrojack (feauring Wrabel)
It doesn't hurt that Afrojack is, like, 10 feet tall.
3. Latch -- Disclosure
2. Turn Down for What -- DJ Snake & Lil Jon
Whether its on the radio, at a music festival, or at your parents' house, this song is inescapable. DJ Snake and Lil Jon coined a beloved phrase for the youth of America to use as much as possible, and a pretty addictive track.
1. Summer -- Calvin Harris