Beyonce Issues Statement On Jay Z, Solange Elevator Fight

'Our family has worked through it,' the Carter-Knowles trio says in a statement.

Beyoncé, her sister Solange, and husband Jay Z have spoken out and are ready to move on from the “unfortunate incident” surrounding a leaked elevator video that captured a private family feud.

“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” the trio said in an exclusive statement to the Associated Press on Thursday. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”

Earlier this week TMZ posted a three-minute video showing Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator at a Met Gala afterparty at New York City’s Standard Hotel. The employee who leaked the footage has since been fired.

“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”

Speculation has been running rampant about what triggered the incident, but over the course of the past few days both Beyoncé and Solange have shown a united front, posting photos of themselves in happier times on their respective Instagram accounts.

Christina Garibaldi has been an on-camera reporter for MTV News since 2011. When not interviewing or writing about her favorite stars, she keeps herself busy with baby animal videos and boy bands.
@ChristinaMTV