If you're anything like me, you know that the best part of any "X-Men" movie is seeing the mutants using their individual powers together to take down a bad guy. And this new clip is essentially only that.
The scene comes from the beginning of the mega-sequel, which will merge two timelines of Marvel superheroes, and it's worth diving into to pick out all the moments that made me way too excited to see this movie.
1. The futuristic models of the Sentinels get dropped into the warzone.
2. Blink uses her portal-making ability to move herself and Warpath.
3. Sunspot and Bishop make a real connection. It's actually touching.
4. Absorbing fire energy is cool. Channeling it into your gun is cooler.
5. Kitty Pryde is back, and she's doing what she does best: running through stuff.
6. Is this the X-Men version of the epic "Avengers" assembled shot?
7. Because I'm totally OK with that.
8. The future Sentinels can shape-shift. Here, one goes from drill to hand mode...
9. ... which I guess really pissed off Sunspot.
10. This shot hits on a key X-Men concept. The mutants use their powers collaboratively.
11. His transformation looks better than ever.
12. And he's finally ice sliding in a movie. Finally.
13. But Sentinels hate ice sliding.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" opens in theaters on May 23.