Are you ready for the “Veronica Mars,” Marshmallow Challenge? On the latest episode of “MTV After Hours,” we dared the cast and creator of the teen sleuth series (and upcoming movie) to take the Challenge… But who ended up on top?
Plus, read on for a chance to win a bag of marshmallows signed by the cast and crew of “Veronica Mars!”
The rules are simple:
1) See how many marshmallows you can stuff in your mouth in 15 seconds.
2) Try to shout, “Veronica Mars!”
Whoever has the most marshmallows in their mouth and still successfully says the name of the movie, wins!
For a bit of context the fans of “Veronica Mars,” which ran for three seasons before getting revived nearly a decade later as a soon-to-premiere movie event, are called marshmallows. In the first episode of the show, one of the characters calls Kristen Bell’s Veronica a “marshmallow,” so when a time came for the fanbase to embrace a name they called on the campfire friendly sweets.
And naturally, given those circumstances when we had a chance to sit down with the cast, we asked them to do our own variation on the classic game Chubby Bunny.
The Challenge was filmed during SXSW at the Alamo Drafthouse during the official Kickstarter backer premiere of the upcoming movie, and features Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls), Ryan Hansen (Dick Casablancas), Chris Lowell (Stosh ‘Piz’ Piznarski), Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars) and “Veronica Mars” creator Rob Thomas.
While the actors and writer tried to stuff mallows in their mouths, they were cheered on by hundreds of excited fans; most of whom put their hard earned money where their own mouths are in order to get the movie made.
We won’t tell you who came out on top, but it was a heated contest… And we think “Veronica Mars” fans will be very, very happy. And a little grossed out.
And if you’re a “Veronica Mars” super-fan, what about a chance to win a bag of marshmallows signed by the cast and crew mentioned above? To enter The Marshmallow Challenge:
1) Post an instagram video of yourself saying “Marshmallow!” with as many marshmallows in your mouth as possible, using the hashtag #MarshmallowChallenge before Thursday, March 13 at 6pm.
2) We’ll choose the five most creative entries, and post them for voting on MTV News on Friday, March 14 at 10am.
3) Vote for your favorite from 10am to 5pm on March 14.
4) One winner will be notified on Instagram that they have won the bag of mallows! For a peek at what you’ll win:
“Veronica Mars” opens in theaters and video on demand March 14.