Liam Payne Saves The Day After Apartment Catches Fire

One Direction member comes to friend's aid after a fire broke out on the balcony of his London apartment.

A night with friends quickly turned into a frightening situation for One Direction‘s Liam Payne after a fire broke out at his London apartment and a friend was rushed to the hospital with second-degree burns.

According to London’s Daily Mail, Payne’s friend was trying to re-fuel an outdoor heater that was on the terrace of his London apartment balcony when something went wrong, causing it to burst into flames.

Payne was reportedly in the kitchen at the time, but rushed to his friend’s aid and rode with him to the hospital. Sources told E! that Payne is “fine,” but his friend is reportedly still in the hospital with second-degree burns.

Payne had yet to comment on the situation by press time.

It’s been a busy few weeks for Payne, who just celebrated his 20th birthday. 1D made an appearance at the 2013 Video Music Awards, where they took home a Moonman for the fan-voted Best Song of the Summer award for “Best Song Ever.”

After releasing their 3-D documentary, “One Direction: This Is Us,” the guys are now prepping their follow-up to their 2012 album, Take Me Home, which they hope to have released by the holiday season.

“[It's a] very rock direction,” Payne told MTV News at the New York premiere of “This Is Us.” “We actually spent a lot of time writing this album. We’re very proud of it, so we can’t wait for it to come out.

“It’s very live sounding, very rock-y,” he continued, also describing the project as “quite retro.” “But it’s very different, so we are hoping people will kind of adjust to the music with us.”


Christina Garibaldi has been an on-camera reporter for MTV News since 2011. When not interviewing or writing about her favorite stars, she keeps herself busy with baby animal videos and boy bands.
@ChristinaMTV