Lindsay Lohan Accuser Drops Charges

Police say they will look into the incident further.

After speaking out about a December 12 incident with Lindsay Lohan at the Betty Ford rehab center, Dawn Holland has dropped her charges against the embattled starlet. The former rehab worker released a statement to TMZ noting that she wouldn’t pursue a case against Lohan.

“Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution,” Holland’s lawyer, Kevin Davidson, said. Davidson continued that “a crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms. Lohan.”

Holland is reportedly a recovering addict herself and, Davidson added, she does not want “in any way, shape or form to do anything that would violate Lindsay’s probation or cause an arrest.”

E! News reports that while Holland may not be pursuing charges, the Palm Desert [California] Police Department is keeping an investigation into the incident open.

“We are continuing our investigation,” a police spokeswoman said. “We hope to be done sometime in January.”

When asked how Holland would respond if subpoenaed by the police department, her lawyer simply responded “she won’t.”

Holland was a technician at the Betty Ford Center and was fired shortly after she gave a video interview in which she discussed the alleged altercation. “She was the only patient out of the three who was being very uncooperative and out of control,” Holland said in the video, explaining that Lohan had been acting defiant at the rehab center. “I did not touch the woman! I am not willing to risk my job over any patient.”