J.K. Rowling Texts Daniel Radcliffe: No More ‘Harry Potter’ Books

At 'Deathly Hallows - Part 1' U.S. premiere, Radcliffe tells MTV News he can 'pretty much guarantee' Rowling has left Potter behind.

MTV News’ live stream Monday night (November 15) brought “Harry Potter” fans right onto the red carpet of the U.S. premiere of “Deathly Hallows – Part 1″ in New York as we chatted with the film’s biggest stars and celebrity fans, including Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Ralph Fiennes and more.

Naturally, one of the highlights was when we caught up with the main man himself, Daniel Radcliffe, who revealed that “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling sent him a very interesting text message after the film’s London premiere last week.

“Basically, it amounted to the fact that she felt I had been very good in this ‘Harry Potter’ film, and as a reward for that, she wasn’t going to [write] any more ‘Harry Potter’ [books],” Radcliffe revealed to MTV News.

“I’m sure she will be writing other books,” he continued. “But I can pretty much guarantee that Harry will not be a feature.”

This is major news for all the Potterheads out there hoping for more Harry. Rowling has often said that she always knew how Harry’s story would end — in the seventh and final book. She has not said, however, that she won’t ever write another Potter-themed book.

We asked Radcliffe if the possibility of no more Harry Potter adds a sense of sadness to see it all come to an end.

“It’s sad, absolutely,” he said. “[But] we’re going out on a high note. To sustain this level of quality for 10 years is a very rare thing in a big franchise. I think it’s us and ‘Toy Story,’ to be honest. I think we’ve done amazingly. I’m thrilled.”

Are you sad to see the “Potter” franchise come to an end? Tell us in the comments!

Check out everything we’ve got on “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1.”

For young Hollywood news, fashion and “Twilight” updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.