Troubled "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen was rushed to a New York hospital early Tuesday morning (October 26) after what his spokesperson described as an "adverse allergic reaction" to prescription medication.
CNN reported that an ambulance transported what a New York Police Department spokesman described as an "emotionally disturbed person" from the city's famed Plaza Hotel to a hospital at 1:30 a.m. While police only identified the victim as a 45-year-old white male, news reports described him as Sheen, who is also 45.
"What we are able to determine is that Charlie had an adverse allergic reaction to some medication and was taken to the hospital, where he is expected to be released tomorrow," Sheen representative Stan Rosenfield said in a statement released Tuesday.
A slightly different account was reported by the New York Post tabloid, which said Sheen, just two months free of his latest trip to drug rehab, was found high on drugs and naked along with a prostitute in a room that had been trashed. Hotel security reportedly called police, who arrived to find a room that allegedly had more than $7,000 worth of damage. The actor allegedly became enraged upon returning to the room and finding his wallet and cell phone missing.
Ex-wife Denise Richards, who made a promotional appearance on the "Howard Stern Show" early Tuesday morning, in which she described some of her wild past sexual escapades with Sheen but did not refer to the evening's incident, was reportedly staying in an adjoining suite with the couple's two daughters.
[article id="1632490"]Sheen spent nearly a month in a rehab facility[/article] in California earlier this year for treatment of an undisclosed issue. The time spent at the Promises of Malibu drug treatment center was counted toward a 30-day jail sentence imposed by a Colorado judge in connection with a guilty plea by Sheen to domestic-violence charges tied to his Christmas Day arrest after wife Brooke Mueller told police the actor had threatened her with a knife. Sheen's charges were reduced from felony domestic violence to misdemeanor third-degree assault as a result of the plea deal.
The actor is just a week away from completing his three months of unsupervised probation in the case, but CNN reported that police do not expect to file any charges in Tuesday's incident.