Lloyd Banks' Accuser Tells His Side Of Alleged Attack

'I knew if I fought back there was going to be no winning,' concert promoter Chris Hines tells the Toronto Star.

Chris Hines, the man who has accused Lloyd Banks and three other men of attacking him in his Canadian hotel room last week, is speaking out. Talking to the Toronto Star, Hines described the alleged assault as unwarranted and unexpected.

Hines, a veteran of the music industry who puts together shows and parties, told the paper he had booked Banks at least six times before. He said Banks showed up to club NV in Brantford, Ontario, 90 minutes late and got upset because many patrons had left and the ones who were there were not as responsive as the G-Unit member is accustomed to.

Banks stopped his set prematurely, Hines said, and went back to his nearby hotel. MTV News' phone calls to the club were not returned by NV's manager.

At around 5:30 the next morning, Banks and his associates — Shaun McGee, Tyrell Cooper and Nicklas Sloane — were arrested. They are accused of holding Hines against his will, beating him up and robbing him. Police say there was a dispute over Banks' payment.

"I've never heard of anything like this happening," Hines said. "You can curse people, maybe you don't talk to them again, but for it to get physical — nobody was drinking and nobody was doing drugs. I think what really got this to escalate was peer pressure."

Hines detailed his perspective of the alleged attack to the newspaper.

"After the first punch, it was like, 'OK, he's upset, disrespecting me a little bit, but cool, I'm not going to be stupid,' " Hines recalled. "I sat on my hands to show them, like, 'Hey, I'm not trying to do anything crazy.' I knew if I fought back there was going to be no winning. When they hit me again, I fell on the floor. Then it really started to hit me: 'What the F is going on?' "

"I'm shocked; I don't understand it," the 36-year-old Toronto native added.

With the exception of Sloane, Banks and his associates have been released and are back in the U.S. While Banks and his camp aren't commenting on the matter, lawyer Patrick J. Ducharme said the G-Unit rapper is pleading not guilty and is prepared for a long legal battle.