Gucci Mane Speaks Out From Jail: ‘I Will Get Through This’

'I am remaining positive,' Gucci says in a statement to XXL magazine.

Gucci Mane spoke out for the first time Tuesday (November 17) since being sent back to jail last week. Through a statement sent to XXLMag.com, Gucci said he is prepared to face the music.

“I have accepted full responsibility for my actions, and I am ready to deal with what is in front of me right now,” Gucci’s statement read. “Thankfully, my label is still moving forward with my album release, so I will have plenty to look forward to when I get out. I am remaining positive and want my fans to know that I am grateful for their loyalty and continued support. I will get through this.”

Last week, Gucci was sentenced to 12 months in jail for a probation violation. He failed to serve hundreds of hours of community service and attend classes for anger management and drug and alcohol abuse. Gucci also disregarded court orders to obtain permission for his travel. His lawyer and the courts say the rapper will serve no more than six months. During his sentencing, Gucci faced two and a half years, but the judge was lenient.

“First of the year, he could be out,” Gucci’s lawyer Dwight L. Thomas explained to MTV News last week. “It all depends on his conduct and how he conducts himself while he’s there. We’re working on other avenues that might entitle him to be released early. If nothing happens at all, he’ll do six months. But if we’re able to do some of the things we’re exploring, we may get this thing down to two months.”

“You can’t hold down a man like Gucci for long,” Shawty Lo told Mixtape Daily about his friend’s sentence. “His situation is unfortunate, but he’ll be back on top in a few.”