Dr. Conrad Murray, the personal physician to [artist id=”1102″]Michael Jackson[/artist] who is currently being investigated for manslaughter because of his involvement in the singer’s death, took to the Internet on Tuesday (August 18) to record a video statement addressing his family, friends and fans.
The shows Murray speaking directly to the camera and thanking supporters for reaching out to him. “I want to thank all of my patients and friends who have sent such kind e-mails, letters and messages to let me know of your support and prayers for me and my family,” Murray said in the clip.
He explained that creating the video message was his only course of action to get back to those who have reached out to him, as he has been reluctant to make contact directly. “Because of all that has been going on, I am afraid to return phone calls or use my e-mail,” he said. “I have not been able to thank you personally, which, as you know, is not normal for me.”
Last week, investigators raided a Las Vegas pharmacy in search of evidence against Murray, who has been accused of providing Jackson with highly dangerous combinations of drugs, including Propofol . A storage unit in Houston belonging to Murray has also been searched.
Murray also used the video to put his supporters at ease. “Your messages give me strength and courage and keep me going,” he said in the clip. “Please, don’t worry. As long as I keep God in my heart and you in my life, I will be fine. I have done all I could do. I told the truth, and I have faith that truth will prevail.”
Jackson’s autopsy — along with a full toxicology report — should help determine the next step in Murray’s ongoing legal problems.