Hot on the heels of [article id="1615518"]Paula Abdul's statement[/article] that she'll be back for more "American Idol" next season, it looks like host Ryan Seacrest is only steps away from signing his contract extension, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
According to the report, he is currently in talks with "Idol" co-producer 19 Entertainment to extend his contract for three more years and get a significant pay raise that would make him one of the highest-paid reality-TV hosts.
This past season, Seacrest made a little under $5 million, or about $100,000 per episode. Seacrest is also reportedly trying to expand his relationship with 19 Entertainment to develop a new series with "Idol" creator Simon Fuller.
Seacrest reportedly met with people at 19 in the U.K. last month to discuss the deal. Although there have been no confirmations yet, THR says an announcement is expected on Monday.
All four "Idol" judges, including Simon Cowell, are currently in the process of negotiating new contracts, though the season's auditions have already begun. But in May, Cowell seemed certain that everyone would be back on the show.
"Everyone's going to be back. Absolutely," Cowell said. "It's been honestly the best eight, nine years of my life. But I just believe sometimes everything has to come to an end."
Get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.