Rep For Spencer Pratt And Heidi Montag Says They Weren't Tortured For 'I'm A Celebrity'

Reports are 'false and inaccurate, including any reports of 'torture,' ' rep says in statement.

On Monday afternoon (June 8), a representative for "Hills" stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt joined producers of "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" in denying reports that the couple has been "tortured" during their stint on the show.

A statement issued by a rep for the couple reads: "There have been many reports that surfaced over the weekend regarding Spencer and Heidi Pratt.

"Many of these reports are false and inaccurate, including any reports of 'torture' on the show.

"What we can say at this time is that Heidi went to a hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica Saturday evening because she was not feeling well. She has been released from the hospital and is doing well. The couple remains in Costa Rica.

"In addition, it was reported the Pratts have fired their legal counsel. This is inaccurate."

News about Montag's condition first broke over the weekend, when sister-in-law Stephanie Pratt Tweeted, "Heidi was rushed to the hospital and has an IV in her arm after being locked in a dark room for 3 days w no food or water." Montag reportedly was hospitalized for a gastric ulcer.

In a statement, series producer ITV Studios said that no harm was done to the couple, who have quickly become the go-to villains on the show featuring a cast of C-list celebs, including former "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar, "La Bamba" actor Lou Diamond Phillips and former supermodel Janice Dickinson.

"ITV has been producing this format around the world for many years, and the health of the celebrity participants are of the utmost importance," the statement explained. "A medic and a doctor are present at the location at all times for all participants. All allegations of the celebrities being deprived of food and water are completely untrue."

On Monday, a production source on the set in the Costa Rican jungle, who requested anonymity, told MTV News that the couple entered the "Lost Chamber" — the creepy, crawly site of one of the challenges last week — at around 4:30 p.m. local time on Thursday and exited the next morning at 6:30 a.m. "Everything was cleaned out [from the challenge], and there were two beds, bedrolls, they were given food and water, and they had a cooking apparatus and some kind of porta-potty," said the source. "They slept, and there was an incident where Spencer tried to kill a spider and hurt himself, but a medic was dispatched and there was nothing wrong."

The truth may be revealed Monday night, when the latest episode, a two-hour special, airs.

The couple spurred controversy last week by first saying they were leaving the show,

then changing their minds and blaming their attempted departure on the devil.

Miss any of "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" this week? Then tune in to MTV on Sunday at 12 p.m. ET for a marathon of the week's episodes.