Susan Boyle Reportedly Hospitalized

'Britain's Got Talent' runner-up was reportedly admitted to a clinic following Saturday night's finale.

Following a tumultuous week in which some doubted whether she would even make it to Saturday night's finale due to the pressures of instant fame, "Britain's Got Talent" runner-up Susan Boyle

was reportedly admitted to a mental-health clinic after suffering an "emotional breakdown."

The British tabloid the Daily Mail reported on Sunday (May 31) that Boyle was admitted to the Priory Clinic — a mental-health hospital — after suffering from exhaustion in the wake of her second-place finish on the show. The newspaper claimed that police were summoned to the singer's hotel and she was assessed under the Mental Health Act following what was described as a breakdown after her surprise second-place finish behind dance troupe Diversity.

BBC News reported Sunday that Scotland Yard said that police were called to a London hotel on Sunday, with doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act. That woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic, they said, according to the report. At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance.

The Priory Clinic told the BBC: "We can neither confirm nor deny the reports."

"BGT" judge and Boyle advocate Piers Morgan said a runner-up finish was probably the best thing that could have happened to Boyle, given the intense strain of going from complete anonymity to world fame in just six weeks. He also said a win would have "just carried on the mayhem" for the 48-year-old Scottish woman.

According to the Mail, on Sunday, show aides called police to say Boyle was "acting strangely" in her London hotel room and rival tabloid The Sun added that paramedics were called to help the "spaced out" star through the lobby and into a waiting ambulance around 6 p.m.; she is reported to have gone voluntarily. Show producers reportedly said Boyle was "exhausted and emotionally drained."

"Following Saturday night's show, Susan is exhausted and emotionally drained. She has been seen by her private GP who supports her decision to take a few days out for rest and recovery," read a statement from one of the show's producers.

Earlier in the week, Boyle got into a shouting match with two reporters who were reportedly harassing her in the lobby of her London hotel.

MTV News could not verify the hospitalization reports at press time.