Amy Winehouse Released From Police Custody After Admitting To Slapping Man

Singer was held overnight because she was found unfit for questioning on Friday.

Amy Winehouse was released from police custody Saturday morning (April 26), after being arrested on suspicion of assault on Friday, the Times Online reports. After admitting to slapping a man earlier in the week, the Grammy winner received a caution and was not charged.

The singer, 24, voluntarily walked into London's Holborn Police Station Friday to face interrogation about an incident in the north London neighborhood of Camden early Wednesday morning. A 38-year-old man alleged that she hit him when he got in her way while she was playing pool at a bar. According to tabloid reports, the man said she also head-butted another patron, who was trying to hail her a cab.

She was expected to be released Friday, but a doctor found her "unfit for interview," the Times reports, so she was held overnight and questioned on Saturday morning. According to The Associated Press, Winehouse's spokesman Chris Goodman said the singer "admitted to a common assault by slapping a man with an open hand and accepted a caution."

The incident will remain on her record, the AP reports, and it could count against her if she's ever charged with a similar offense.

On Friday Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court to face charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice and inflicting grievous bodily harm. He had denied any wrongdoing, and when he appeared in court Friday morning, Winehouse was nowhere to be found. A June 2 trial date was set during Friday's proceedings, and Fielder-Civil will remain in police custody until the trial starts.

Winehouse's arrest is merely the latest in a string of legal troubles she's faced over the last year. She and her husband were both arrested in the Norwegian city of Bergen back in October, on charges of drug possession, and Winehouse was arrested in London late last year on suspicion of attempting to interfere with her husband's court case. Those charges were dropped in February.