What's the best way to celebrate back-to-back #1 Billboard album debuts? How about a national tour? That's what Danity Kane and Day26 will do starting May 24 when they kick off "Making the Band 4 — The Tour," which will hit major cities from coast to coast, beginning with a gig at Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre in Orlando, Florida.
In addition to the sometimes romantically entangled "Making the Band" boy and girl groups, the tour will also feature breakout "Band" star Donnie Klang, who Diddy diverted from Day26 in order to offer him a solo contract with Bad Boy. His debut, Come into My World, is due out in June, and the first single, "Take You There," is out now.
When Kane's second album, Welcome to the Dollhouse, recently debuted atop the Billboard 200, they became the first female group in Billboard history to have their debut and sophomore album enter the main chart at #1. Day26's self-titled debut [article id="1584646"]hit the top spot one week after Kane[/article], setting a record for the biggest-selling debut from a male R&B group in the SoundScan era.
The tour will be filmed for a new season of "Making the Band" slated to air in late summer and will feature another Bad Boy artist, Cheri Dennis.
The itinerary for "Making the Band 4 — The Tour," according to Bad Boy's Web site:
· 5/24 - Orlando, FL @ Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre
· 5/25 - Miami, FL @ The Fillmore Miami Beach
· 5/29 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
· 5/30 - Baltimore, MD @ Pier Six Concert Pavilion
· 5/31 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
· 6/1 - Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre
· 6/5 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theatre
· 6/6 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Pearl Concert Theater
· 6/7 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Casino
· 6/9-10 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern