Britney Spears' Deposition Monday Was Slow Going; Singer Spent Weekend Partying With Paparazzi

Kevin Federline's attorney said he asked approximately '2 percent' of the questions he has for Spears.

It took awhile — and a few dramatic no-shows and early exits — but Britney Spears finally made it to a full deposition on Monday, as the singer struggles to repair her image with the court and win back visitation rights with her two young sons.

Spears spent more than two hours at the Los Angeles office of Kevin Federline's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, but only 45 minutes of that was productive, with the singer actually answering questions, a source close to the matter told MTV News. More deposition sessions will be required — at least two to four — but those remain to be scheduled, the source said.

Kaplan told People magazine that he had only asked about "2 percent" of the total questions he has for the star. "There's a lot of work to be done," he told the magazine. "We are going over things that are very, very gut-wrenching. Just to revisit them even in your own mind would not be pleasurable. It's not something anyone would enjoy."

Spears was videotaped driving up to the office by and other outlets, accompanied by friend Sam Lufti, at around 10:40 a.m. PT and left at around 1:20 p.m. In the footage, the singer appears to be nervous, biting her nails and smoking. But in videotape taken over the weekend, Spears appears to be in a better mood, as she spent Saturday night partying with the paparazzi and Sunday running errands. When asked how she was doing on Sunday, Spears told photographers, "I'm more than fine, thank you." However, she apparently wasn't in a charitable mood. When one homeless man approached her car later that weekend asking for spare change, a video posted online shows Spears telling him, in a fake British accent, "You're better off being homeless than being me, sir."

On Saturday night, the singer was videotaped inviting one paparazzo, Filipe Teixeira from the photo agency Fame, into her Escalade, and then invited two more, Roberto and Leandro from the X17 photo agency, into her home to party until 6 a.m., at which point Lufti told them Spears needed to get some sleep, according to their report of the evening's events. (They were asked to leave their cameras outside, so there is no footage.) The photographers report that Spears asked them about her paparazzo boyfriend, Adnan Ghalib, who was not present for any of the festivities, while Lufti allegedly showed them a piece of paper purporting to be a restraining order against Ghalib.

However, a clerk for the Los Angeles Superior Court told MTV News that the court has no record of either an emergency protective order or a temporary restraining order being filed against Ghalib by Spears or any other party. The Los Angeles Police Department also had no record of any such protective order.

"All I can say is that I have not been in contact with Britney since early Friday morning," Ghalib said in a statement on his photo agency's site. "The reason being, that I have had to attend a family funeral in Santa Barbara [California]. My phone has been off during this time out of respect for my family. I am only now becoming aware of what is being said. I hope to be back home in Los Angeles soon and to be in contact with Miss Spears."