UNIVERSAL CITY, California — After a few delays, the Jonas Brothers' debut album hit stores last month, living up to its title, It's About Time.
"It feels so good to be like, 'It's finally out,' " said 17-year-old singer Joseph.
Now the trio — which also includes 13-year-old singer Nick and 18-year-old guitarist Kevin (see [article id="1527894"]"More Blink-182 Than Hanson, It's Time For The Jonas Brothers"[/article]) — are on to pushing the album with a second single, "Year 3000."
For their first single, "Mandy," the Jonas Brothers shot three videos, so they knew they had to do something special for the follow-up, which just debuted on "TRL."
"We did some cool animation and graphic stuff, and all the girls have pink hair and [futuristic] outfits," Kevin said. "It's pretty sweet."
"It was fun to [shoot], 'cause when we got there it was just really beautiful girls in futuristic costumes, and we were like, 'Ahhh,' " Joseph added.
The song is about ... well, pretty much what it sounds like.
"The whole thing has just a positive, joking-around attitude," Nick said. "It's about going to your backyard, seeing [that] your friend has a time machine and going to the year 3000. That's pretty much the whole song."
"And the middle of the song talks about outselling Kelly Clarkson, so that's kind of cool," Kevin interrupted.
"We haven't done that yet," Joseph added. "You guys at MTV could help us out."
The Jonas Brothers will also continue promoting It's About Time on the road.
Their fall tour dates, according to Columbia Records:
- 9/18 - Philadelphia, PA @ North Star
- 9/19 - Towson, MD @ Recher Theatre
- 9/20 - Boston, MA @ Axis
- 9/22 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Underground
- 9/23 - Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock Cafe
- 9/25 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 9/26 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theatre
- 9/27 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- 9/29 - Orlando, FL @ AKA Lounge
- 9/30 - Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum
- 11/5 - San Jose, CA @ San Jose Convention Center
- 11/11 - Valencia, CA @ West Valencia
- 11/18 - Dallas, TX @ Dallas Convention Center