Christina Aguilera may have set the stage all summer for a proposed tour where she’d torch up America’s legendary blues and jazz clubs, but before she does that, she’s going to make the rounds in Europe. But don’t despair — she hasn’t given up her dream, she’s just deferred it till next year.
“At a certain point, we are fitting in the more intimate blues/jazz club tour,” she said, “which I’m really excited about. It’s going to be an amazing, amazing show that I can’t wait to put on, but dates are to be determined for that whole shebang.”
Not so for the European tour, the singer’s first such tour since 2003 — dates for that were announced Monday (September 11). Tickets go on sale Friday for the month-long trek, which kicks off November 17 in Sheffield, England, and wraps December 17 in Prague, Czech Republic. In between, Aguilera hops around most of the countries where her Back to Basics album hit #1, including Ireland, Holland, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
While Aguilera’s set list for the arena tour is likely to be mostly composed from the 20 tracks on her double album, she’s planning something a little different for the upcoming club tour. “We’re definitely going to mix it up, change it up, do some things that are not on the record, do some favorite classics of mine,” Aguilera said. “We’re really going to have fun and experiment with new ideas and interesting places to go to that have a throwback appeal and vibe.”
Instead of working with the now defunct Fans Rule company, which is in the midst of arranging refunds for the singer’s canceled 2004 tour (see “Two Years Later, Aguilera Fans Finally Getting Their Due: A Refund” ), Aguilera has partnered this time around with I Love All Access to offer fans VIP ticket packages.
Christina Aguilera’s fall 2006 European tour dates, according to her label:
- 11/17 – Sheffield, England @ Hallam FM Arena
- 11/20 – Belfast, Northern Ireland @ Odyssey Arena
- 11/21 – Dublin, Ireland @ The Point
- 11/23 – Manchester, England@ Manchester Evening News Arena
- 11/24 – Newcastle, England @ Metro Radio Arena
- 11/26 – Birmingham, England @ NIA Academy
- 11/29 – London, England @ Wembley Arena
- 11/30 – London, England @ Wembley Arena
- 12/2 – Rotterdam, Netherlands @ Ahoy
- 12/3 – Antwerp, Belgium @ Sportpaleis Antwerpen
- 12/5 – Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle
- 12/6 – Paris, France @ Bercy
- 12/8 – Oberhausen,Germany @ Oberhausen Arena
- 12/11 – Hamburg,Germany @ Color Line Arena
- 12/13 – Stuttgart, Germany @ Schleyerhalle
- 12/14 – Zurich, Switzerland @ Hallenstadion
- 12/16 – Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle
- 12/17 – Prague, Czech Republic @ Sazka Arena
Check out “Christina Aguilera’s Old Soul” for an inside look at Back to Basics.