It took Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker more than a year to make Plus-44's debut album, When Your Heart Stops Beating. And now that it's finally finished, they're in a rush to hit the road and promote it. But as is the case with seemingly everything Plus-related these days, they can't do that until they clear up a bit of Internet misinformation.
That's because for nearly a week now, fan sites have been abuzz with news of an alleged tour — news supported by an itinerary supposedly leaked from deep within the band's label, Interscope Records. The only problem was that neither Interscope, nor Plus management company, Azoff Music, would confirm said itinerary, most likely because it was incorrect.
So on Thursday (September 7), hoping to dispell all that hoo-hah, Azoff Music gave MTV News the first look at the real, honest-to-goodness itinerary for the Plus-44 fall tour: a five-week, 29-city run that kicks off on October 13 in San Diego and wraps on November 22 in Detroit.
When Plus spoke to MTV News last month, they were already planning the tour, which they said would finally put to rest some popular misconceptions about the band (see "Plus-44 Address Blink Breakup On LP, Want Fans To 'Hear The Truth' ").
"For about a year now, people have been saying that we're this 'electronic band,' which brings all these bad images to their minds," Barker said. "But in reality, we're just a four-piece — no crazy backing tracks or sh-- like that. And right now, we're getting ready to bring it to people. We've been practicing our asses off in a rehearsal space for four hours a day."
"We want to tour as much as we possibly can for this record, because we were really limited as far as where and how we could tour toward the end of Blink," Hoppus added. "And we're really excited about getting this music out to people."
The tour announcement isn't the only bit of news to come out of the Plus-44 camp: On Thursday night, they made their worldwide debut at a secret show at the Roxy in Los Angeles, and this weekend, they'll shoot a video for the title track — and first single — from Heart. While details on the clip are scarce, it is known that Plus-44 have put out an open casting call for their fans to appear in the video, and that they'll shoot it in Los Angeles.
Plus-44 tour dates, according to their management:
- 10/13 - San Diego, CA @ SOMA
- 10/14 - Pomona, CA @ Cal Poly (Bamboozle Left Festival)
- 10/15 - Phoenix, AZ @ Brickhouse Theatre
- 10/18 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 10/19 - Seattle, WA @ The Fenix
- 10/21 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk
- 10/22 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 10/24 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In the Venue
- 10/25 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 10/27 - Minneapolis, MN @ TBD
- 10/28 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave
- 10/29 - St. Louis, MO @ Mississippi Nights
- 10/31 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
- 11/1 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 11/3 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
- 11/4 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
- 11/5 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Ballroom
- 11/6 - Houston, TX @ Warehouse
- 11/8 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing
- 11/9 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 11/10 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy Theater
- 11/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts
- 11/13 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/14 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 11/16 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's
- 11/17 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
- 11/19 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 11/21 - Toronto, ON @ Phoenix
- 11/22 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall