On their last tour, Panic! at the Disco provided many of their fans with an introduction to mime-rock by enlisting the esoteric Dresden Dolls as their opening act. For their fall tour, they're making a safer but still challenging play by tapping art-pop quartet Bloc Party.
On Thursday (August 24), Panic confirmed that they'll be bringing along the British media darlings, a move that's likely to spur many "OMGs" and "WTFs" in the indie-rock blogosphere.
Jack's Mannequin, the side-project of Something Corporate's Andrew McMahon (who was diagnosed with leukemia last year and returned to the stage in January: see [article id="1522148"]"Andrew McMahon Plays First Full Post-Leukemia Gig; Tommy Lee Joins In"[/article]), will also be an opening act on the tour, which kicks off on November 7 at the Bank Atlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
The North American trek is scheduled to wrap on December 9 in San Diego. It's Panic's second-ever North American headlining tour (they wrapped their first late last month), and begins just days after the band completes a month's worth of dates in Australia and Europe. All that, coupled with the band's eye-opening five nominations at next week's MTV Music Video Awards, serves as a stellar example of just how far the band has come in the 11 months since the release of its debut, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (see [article id="1537481"]"Panic! At The Disco Carry Emo-Punk Banner Into VMAs With Five Noms"[/article]).
Panic! at the Disco will also perform at the 2006 VMAs, which will be broadcast live from New York's Radio City Music Hall on August 31.
Panic! at the Disco tour dates, according to the band's label:
- 11/7 - Sunrise, FL @ Bank Atlantic Center
- 11/8 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena
- 11/9 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 11/10 - Charlotte, NC @ Cricket Arena
- 11/11 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
- 11/13, 14 - New York, NY @ The Theatre at Madison Square Garden
- 11/16 - Toronto, ON @ Ricoh Coliseum
- 11/18 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 11/19 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
- 11/21 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 11/22 - Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion
- 11/24 - Minneapolis, MN @ US Bank Theatre at Target Center
- 11/25 - St. Louis, MO @ St. Charles County Family Arena
- 11/26 - Council Bluffs, IA @ Mid America Center
- 11/28 - Denver, CO @ Magness Arena
- 11/29 - West Valley City, UT @ The E Center
- 12/1 - Portland, OR @ Memorial Coliseum
- 12/2 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
- 12/3 - Seattle, WA @ Everett Events Center
- 12/5 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
- 12/6 - Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Arena
- 12/7 - Glendale, AZ @ Glendale Arena
- 12/8 - Las Vegas, NV @ Orleans Theatre
- 12/9 - San Diego, CA @ ipayOne Center