Hey, remember when Jet kept talking about that "whirlwind tour of the U.S." they were going to launch in support of their upcoming Shine On album? Well, it turns out they were lying.
They were actually plotting a whirlwind tour of North America.
On Monday (August 21), Jet announced 10 stops on that jaunt, which kicks off on September 20 at La Zona Rosa in Austin, Texas, and wraps with an October 7 gig at the Joint in Las Vegas. The news comes just days after the band revealed the track list for Shine On, due October 3 (see "Jet Reveal Commanding Track List For Shine On LP").
Tickets for some dates go on sale as early as Friday, with additional on-sale information being announced over the coming days on the band's official site, JetTheBand.com. But if you're not lucky enough to snag tickets to the shows, don't fret: The band's label, Atlantic Records, promises that dates are already being lined up for a "full-blown" tour sometime in November.
Jet tour dates, according to Atlantic Records:
- 9/20 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
- 9/21 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Ballroom
- 9/22 - Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
- 9/25 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
- 9/27 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 9/29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
- 10/1 - Toronto, ON @ The Guvernment
- 10/4 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 10/5 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Music Box at Fonda
- 10/7 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel