It's no great secret that the Killers like things a tad bit dramatic. So when the time came to plot a North American tour, the natural choice was to book gigs in theaters.
Starting with a two-night stand at the Wiltern LG in Los Angeles on October 6 and 7, the Killers will hit playhouses across the U.S. and Canada in support of Sam's Town, due October 3 (see "Killers Album Preview: Massive Sound, Epic Ballads, Big Ideas Fill Sam's Town").
The tour wraps October 28 with a triumphant hometown headlining gig at the Vegoose Festival in Las Vegas, where they'll share the stage with the Raconteurs, the Mars Volta, Fiona Apple and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. After that, the Killers head overseas for a month of shows before returning to the States for more gigs in December, according to Island Records.
And while it's still unknown just what sort of theatrical accoutrements the band will be bringing on the road, a clip on the band's Web site (KillersMusic.com) could be a possible preview. The Killers posted a trailer of the way cinematic video for "When You Were Young," the first single off Sam's Town (see "Killers Shoot Video For All-American Single — In Mexico").
The Killers tour dates, according to Island Records:
- 10/6 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG
- 10/7 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG
- 10/8 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre
- 10/10 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 10/11 - Vancouver, BC @ Orpheum Theatre
- 10/12 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 10/14 - Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air
- 10/15 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 10/17 - Chicago, IL @ Congress Theatre
- 10/18 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 10/20 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 10/21 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata Event Center
- 10/23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 10/24 - New York, NY @ Theatre at Madison Square Garden
- 10/25 - New York, NY @ Theatre at Madison Square Garden
- 10/26 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 10/28 - Las Vegas, NV @ Sam Boyd Stadium (Vegoose Festival)