For Oklahoma’s All-American Rejects, much of the last year’s been spent inside a tour bus promoting the band’s sophomore release, Move Along. And in that time, promote the Rejects have — to great success.
Proving the tried-and-true standard that touring helps move albums, Move Along has yet to fall off Billboard’s top 200 since its debut nearly a year ago. And 1.2 million albums later, the LP’s still selling an average of 15,000 copies a week, on the strength of the record’s titular single (see “All-American Rejects ’Had To Step It Up’ On New LP — Or Else” and “All-American Rejects Play The Victim In Video For ’Move Along’ “ ).
The Rejects would like to stay the course, lining up a spate of live dates for this summer, which will act as a primer for the band’s headlining tour this fall.
Following a triumphant run this spring on Fall Out Boy’s Black Clouds and Underdogs Tour, the band returns to the road June 30 in Indianapolis with gigs, mostly in Canada, booked through July 29. Damone have been tapped to open on most dates (see “Damone Rock On Despite Label Drama, Near-Death Experience” ).
Details regarding the band’s fall touring schedule should be revealed in the coming weeks.
All-American Rejects tour dates, according to a label spokesperson:
- 6/30 – Indianapolis, IN @ Amphitheater at Celebration Park
- 7/1 – Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest
- 7/2 – Rockford, IL @ Stars & Guitars
- 7/4 – Detroit, MI @ New Center (Comerica Tastefest)
- 7/8 – Halifax, NS @ Dalhousie University
- 7/9 – Moncton, NB @ Oxygen
- 7/11 – Quebec City, QC @ International Summer Festival
- 7/13 – London, ON @ Cowboys
- 7/14 – Kingston, ON @ A.J.’s Ale House
- 7/15 – Ottawa, ON @ Capital Music Hall
- 7/16 – Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 7/19 – Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre
- 7/21 – Edmonton, AB @ Northlands Park
- 7/24 – Vancouver, BC @ Croatian Cultural Center
- 7/26 – Costa Mesa, CA @ Pacific Amphitheatre
- 7/27 – Paso Robles, CA @ California Mid-State Fair
- 7/28 – Kelseyville, CA @ Konocti Harbor Resort
- 7/29 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre