Break out yer hankies, because Dashboard Confessional will be taking their emo show on the road for a monthlong string of dates later this summer.
The tour — in support of the upcoming Dusk and Summer — kicks off July 10 in Seattle and makes stops in Las Vegas, Chicago and St. Louis before wrapping August 13 in Boston. Likeminded pop-punks Say Anything and rock survivalist Ben Lee will open all dates.
The stadium-charged Dusk, produced by Daniel Lanois and Don Gilmore (see "No Reggae Emo, But New Dashboard LP Owes A Lot To Jamaica"), hits stores June 27. According to the band's label, Interscope Records, Dashboard just shot the video for the first single, "Don't Wait," in California with director Rich Lee.
And you don't need to wait for the video to hit the airwaves to catch a listen to the soaring single: Fans can hear a 30-second clip of "Don't Wait" on Dashboard Confessional's MySpace page.
Dashboard Confessional tour dates, according to Interscope Records:
- 7/10 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 7/12 - Berkeley, CA @ Berkeley Community Theatre
- 7/14 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
- 7/15 - Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
- 7/19 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
- 7/22 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 7/23 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 7/24 - Atlanta, GA @ Atlanta Civic Center
- 7/25 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
- 7/27 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Club
- 7/28 - Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theatre
- 7/31 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
- 8/2 - Columbus, OH @ Lifestyle Communities Pavilion
- 8/3 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 8/5 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Chevrolet Amphitheatre
- 8/7 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 8/8 - Norfolk, VA @ Chrysler Hall
- 8/11 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 8/12 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall
- 8/13 - Boston, MA @ Boston Opera House